FGGAM NEWS RECEIVED THIS NEWS RELEASE FROM DAVID RUBIN:
Riots in Jerusalem, Fifty Hamas Rocket Attacks: Israeli Response on the Way?
In the past week, close to fifty Hamas rockets have been fired at Israel from Gaza. Simultaneously, there has been an outbreak of Palestinian riots and terror attacks in Jerusalem. After months of relative quiet in Israel, will Israel’s divided government soon respond?
Here to discuss these questions is former mayor of Shiloh Israel, David Rubin, the author of the new book, Confronting Radicals: What America Can Learn from Israel.
- After fifty Hamas rocket attacks and Palestinian riots in Jerusalem, can we expect an Israeli response? It’s very possible. The Cabinet has already given its approval for such a response, but the current political circumstances in Israel may delay it.
- What specifically are you referring to? Israel is in the throes of very intense coalition negotiations to form a new government and Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is in the fight of his political life. Since most of the rockets were either blocked or missed their targets, he would probably prefer to wait until a strong unified coalition is formed. His focus at the moment is on internal politics
- Why are these attacks suddenly happening? Hadn’t the terrorism been reduced in the year of Corona? Yes, but several events are converging that make it in the Palestinian interest to turn up the flames. First of all, after an enormously successful vaccination campaign, the pandemic is pretty much finished in Israel, so we are gradually going back to normal, and, unfortunately, one of our so-called normals is Palestinian terrorism. In addition, the current political divisions in Israel certainly are a motivating factor, but probably the biggest factor is Joe Biden.
- What are you referring to? President Biden has projected weakness by restoring 300 million dollars in financial aid to the Palestinian Authority, funding that had been cut by President Trump to protest the monthly salary payments to every terrorist who kills or wounds a Jew. That sends them clear message that terrorism is worthwhile. Apparently, the latest terror attacks are a direct result of that message. In addition, there is the Biden-Harris weakness on the Iran issue.
- In your new book, Confronting Radicals: What America Can Learn from Israel, you explain the clear correlation between the radical Left and the Muslim radicals. Where can people get a copy? Confronting Radicals: What America Can Learn from Israel is available on Amazon. Just go to Amazon and type in the words, Confronting Radicals: What America Can Learn From Israel. Or, for more information, go to the website www.DavidRubinIsrael.com
About Mayor David Rubin:
David Rubin is the author of the new book, Confronting Radicals: What America Can Learn from Israel.
Rubin is the founder and president of Shiloh Israel Children’s Fund, established after he and his then three-year-old son were wounded in a terror attack.