I asked my good friend Dave Fjeld of the Cottonwood County Citizen if I could share this from his recent column! We are so thankful for our relationship with Dave and the Citizen!
A look at your spouse
I get all kinds of junk emails that I may glance at the subject line, then discard it into my trash folder. But every once in a while, I run across a subject that tickles my fancy.
Such was the case with an email about “National Spouses Day” in late January.
National Today conducted a survey of 1,035 married Americans, asking them to, as they put it, “dish on their spouses.”
Here’s some of what they found:
Top five things that annoy us about our spouses:
• My spouse has selective listening (40 percent).
• My spouse snores (39 percent).
• My spouse can be a control freak sometimes (26 percent).
• My spouse is not as financially responsible as I am (20 percent).
• My spouse has bodily quirks (e.g. nose-picking, farting, burping, etc.) (19 percent).
Top five reasons Americans appreciate their spouses:
• My spouse is a hard worker (60 percent).
• I can be myself around my spouse (56 percent).
• My spouse makes me laugh (56 percent).
• My spouse is smart (52 percent).
• My spouse is supportive of my goals and desires (48 percent).
The most surprising spouse insight: 44 percent of respondents said that their spouse gets on their nerves sometimes.
Here’s another interesting tidbit: 44 percent of husbands say they evenly split the household chores with their wives, while only 26 percent of wives say the same. That begs the question: Whose version of reality is true? Hmmmm!
Before your mind runs amok, a “lexophile” is a word used to describe those that love using words in rather unique ways, such as “you can tune a piano, but you can’t tuna fish.”
Here are some others that were passed along to me:
• When fish are in schools, they sometimes take debate.
• A thief who stole a calendar got 12 months.
• When the smog lifts in Los Angeles, U.C.L.A.
• The batteries were given out free of charge.
• A dentist and manicurist married. They fought tooth and nail.
• A will is a dead giveaway.
• When you’ve seen one shopping center, you’ve seen a mall.
• Did you hear about the fellow whose whole left side was cut off? He’s all right now.
• When a clock is hungry, it goes back four seconds.
• The guy who fell onto an upholstery machine is now fully recovered.
• He had a photographic memory which was never developed.
• Acupuncture is a jab well done. That’s the point of it.
And finally . . .
• Those who get too big for their pants will be exposed in the end.More From Dave Here