|BREAKING: This morning the Reproductive and Gender-Affirming Health Care Freedom Act, HB 7 was just assigned to its first committee hearing, THIS FRIDAY, February 3 at 8:30 AM in the House Health and Human Services committee. The nation’s most radical abortion and transgender surgery bill is the first bill on the schedule this Friday.
ACTION ITEMS: WHAT YOU CAN DO!
Please be prepared to testify for 1 – 2 minutes against HB 7 either in person in room 307 at the Roundhouse or via Zoom link here for House Health & Human Services on Friday at 8:30 AM.
- For testimony, be polite and use NMAFL’s legal analysis below to express your concerns, ask members to VOTE NO on HB 7.
House Health & Human Services Committee: ask to vote NO on HB 7.
Rep. Liz Thompson: 505 986-4425 Email: email@example.com
Rep. Pamela Herndon: 505 986-4248, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Rep Jennifer Jones:505 986-4227, Email: Jenifer.Jones@nmlegis.gov
Rep. Kathleen Cates: 505 986-4254. Email: Kathleen.Cates@nmlegis.gov
Rep. Eleanor Chavez: 505 986-4242, Email: Eleanor.Chavez@nmlegis.gov
Rep. Joanne Ferrary: 505 986-4844, Email: email@example.com
Rep. Tara Jaramillo: 505 986-4255, Email: Tara.Jaramillo@nmlegis.gov
Rep. Stefani Lord: 505 986-4453, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Rep. Reena Szczepanski: 505 986-4777, Email: email@example.com
Rep. Harlan Vincent: 505 986-4467, Email: Harlan.Vincent@nmlegis.gov
FIGH BACK! In response, New Mexico Alliance for Life has launched a statewide petition to STOP HB 7 here.
WHAT HB 7 DOES:
- HB 7 will force all New Mexico public institutions that receive public funding and employees, such as elementary school teachers to facilitate any request for abortion and “gender-affirming” health care – despite the best interest of the child for an elective procedure: Section 3B.
- HB 7 will penalize anyone who “directly OR indirectly” “deny, restrict or interfere with a person’s ability to access or provide reproductive health care or gender-affirming health care — despite the best interest of the child or individual:” Section 3B.
- HB 7 seeks to ban any effort by all lawmaking bodies at the local and state level from legislating against it, “a public body or agent of a public body shall not impose or continue in effect any law, ordinance, policy or regulation that violates or conflicts with the provisions set forth in this bill:” Section 3D.
- HB 7 violates the constitutional rights of all New Mexicans for due process, freedom of speech, freedom of religion and equal protection. It penalizes New Mexicans under threat of prosecution and civil penalties up to $5K for exercising any of these constitutional rights. Section 5C.
“This bill will force every public school and teacher across the state to facilitate elective abortions and transgender hormones and surgery,” said Elisa Martinez, Executive Director of the New Mexico Alliance for Life. “HB 7 threatens citizens and empowers bureaucrats to further force compliance for these elective procedures. It violates numerous constitutional rights as well as the conscience and religious freedom of every New Mexican. This is the most tyrannical and overreaching health care bill in the nation putting transgender procedures and abortions above the constitutional rights of every New Mexican.”
From New Mexico State Senator, Dr. Gregg Schmedes, the only practicing health care professional in the NM Legislature:
“As a parent and practicing physician, I am deeply concerned about HB 7 forcing teachers and public employees to facilitate elective procedures – despite the best interest of our children. There are negative impacts to the mental, physical and emotional health of any elective procedure and HB 7 completely ignores the actual science,” said State Senator, Dr. Gregg Schmedes.
- SHARE THIS EMAIL WITH FRIENDS, FAMILY, CHURCHES, SCHOOL TEACHERS AND ALL CONCERNED NEW MEXICANS.
- PRAY AND FAST FOR NEW MEXICO.
Pro-life Senator Bill Sharer asks for 200k prayers for New Mexico during the legislative session. Will you be one of the Prayer Warriors for our state? Don’t forget to share this important email with friends, family and church groups.