With National Small Business Week approaching and COVID-19 having caused around 100,000 permanent business closures in 2020, the personal-finance website WalletHub today released its report on 2021’s Best Small Cities to Start a Business, along with its 2021 Small Business Owner Survey.
To determine the most business-friendly small markets in the U.S., WalletHub compared more than 1,300 cities with fewer than 100,000 residents across 20 key metrics. The data set ranges from small business growth rates and accessibility of financing to investor access and labor costs.
|Top 20 Small Cities to Start a Business|
|1. St. George, UT||11. South Bradenton, FL|
|2. Cedar City, UT||12. Redmond, OR|
|3. Williston, ND||13. Bend, OR|
|4. Washington, UT||14. Missoula, MT|
|5. Logan, UT||15. Pleasant Grove, UT|
|6. Aberdeen, SD||16. East Lake-Orient Park, FL|
|7. Midvale, UT||17. Carrollton, GA|
|8. Fort Myers, FL||18. Lehi, UT|
|9. Clearfield, UT||19. Orem, UT|
|10. Bozeman, MT||20. Cheyenne, WY|
Key Stats – Small Business Owner Survey
- Recovery will be a long process: 50 million small business owners say it will take more than a year for their business to return to pre-COVID levels.
- Business owners prioritize public health: 56% of small business owners think that minimizing COVID-19 deaths is more important than re-opening the economy, a 29% decrease from last year.
- 2020 was the hardest year ever: Two thirds of small business owners say that 2020 was their most difficult year in business.
To view the full report and your city’s rank, please visit:
More from WalletHub
- Best Large Cities to Start a Business
- Best Business Credit Cards
- Best Bank Accounts for Small Businesses
- Most Small-Business-Friendly Credit Card Companies
- From Pastor Dewey:I am hearing about this and witnessing it as Sharon and I visit our local restaurants, STAFF SHORTAGES! Love on these folks and tip well! Show them the love of JESUS! I am told by staffs of restaurants that they cannot get enough people to work! All our kids are working long hours from nursing to working at Target. Sharon and I were taught and our kids were taught to work! WORK FOR A LIVING! Time to get America back to work and off the government payroll! We got to start moving as a Country!!! THE FEDERAL DEFICIT STILL MATTERS, NOW ARGUABLY MORE THAN EVER
1 in 4 workers is considering quitting their job after the pandemic—here’s why
Read in CNBC: https://apple.news/AfbEtKds8T5Wegml8IkEwCg