What Makes Makes Marriage Work?
So here we are part 4 of a 5 part series on marriage and I have to be honest with you all. Marriage is so complex that I could write another 50 parts to this series not including what you all could add to it. But in this part, I would like to address those who are considering getting married. Thinking about getting married? Well don’t take it lightly, marriage is a very big commitment. A lifelong commitment, a partnership, a covenant between a Man and a Woman for life. It’s not like sharing a bag of chips, it’s sharing in everything, time, finances, food, emotions, quality time, blankets and sheets, bathroom countertops, everything means everything.
Once again a key goto verse in Genesis 2:23-24 And Adam said: “This is now bone of my bones And flesh of my flesh; She shall be called Woman Because she was taken out of Man.” 24 Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.
It’s where you have made the decision to choose your spouse over all your friends, sports, over everything! You can no longer live for yourself, you now have to live for each other, which is a very beautiful thing. Marriage is a We thing not a Me thing! It’s a covenant where you are making a choice to Love someone with all your heart, through everything that life may send your way. If you are thinking about or planning to get married remember these things:
1. What are your plans for children? How many? When to start trying to have them? Parenting rules etc…
2. Expectations from each other? (Working, college, goals, dreams, etc.)
3. Put God (Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ, & Holy Spirit) at the center of your marriage.
4. Where will you live?
5. Household responsibilities (cooking, cleaning, repairing, yard work, etc)
6. Get everything out on the table, concerns, worries, fears, etc… leave no stone unturned. Once you say I do …. And commit you better be in it to win it….
7. Learn how to openly communicate and do not be afraid to ask for advice from couples who have been married for at least 20 years…… they may know a thing or two…
8. Admit when you are wrong, apologize, forgive, love and respect and then love and forgive some more…
And the list goes on but I will tell you this in closing. Marriage can be a beautiful thing when the two of you surrender and give yourselves to each other. Love is so powerful and when you come together as 1 based on Love nothing will ever separate you as long as you keep God first in your life and marriage. Blessings and Love to you ALL and if you have any comments, questions, or suggestions share them with us.
God Bless and Love To You ALL!
Relevance for Today Podcast Show
Outlook for a Brighter Day Show