BREAKING: The nation’s most radical anti-life bills have been introduced in the New Mexico 2021 Legislature: SB 10, an abortion up-to-birth bill (identical to HB 51 from 2019) and SB 47, an assisted suicide bill (links to both bills below).
SB 10 ABORTION UP-TO-BIRTH BILL
SENATE PUBLIC AFFAIRS HEARING ON MONDAY, JAN. 25. URGENT ACTION NEEDED: EMAIL COMMITTEE MEMBERS TODAY
Tell them to vote NO on SB 10.
*Use some of the points below in your message.
The radical abortion lobby behind SB 10 seeks to strip New Mexico’s 1969 criminal abortion statute and not replace it with ANY protections for women, babies and health care professionals. SB 10 will force the following:
1) Codify abortion up-to-birth in state law.
2) Remove the state’s only conscience protection, forcing medical professionals to perform/assist in abortions since there are no other explicit state or federal conscinece protections preventing this.
3) Does not add any protections for women, but further empowers abortion businesses with less accountability.
5) Forces NM taxpayers to continue to fund healthy moms to abort a healthy baby up to 9 months of pregnancy through state Medicaid.
6) The majority of Americans and the majority of New Mexicans support a limit on abortion after 5 months.
SHARE THIS IMPORTANT INFORMATION WITH FRIENDS, FAMILY & GROUPS.
The radical abortion lobby seeks to force medical professionals across New Mexico to perform abortions as a matter of “access.” This is not a pro-woman bill but rather, a pro-abortion lobby bill.
There are no explicit federal nor state conscience protection, except in the 1969 NM abortion statute. By removing this conscience protection, New Mexico medical professionals will be forced to perform and participate in abortions.
RADICAL ASSISTED SUICIDE BILL HB 47
The Elizabeth Whitfield End of Life Options Act, HB 47 would usher in assisted suicide in the state with the highest suicide rate already. It is also considered the most radical bill in the nation by the medical community. Bill analysis here
“Assisted suicide endangers all New Mexicans, as we’ve witnessed overall suicide rates increase in states that legalize killing. Patients will feel pressured to opt out of life saving care by insurance companies as a cost-control measure” –Senator Dr. Gregg Schmedes, the ONLY practicing medical professional in the NM Legislature.