If you appreciate our news and inspiration, bringing you the news from a Biblical Worldview, will you partner with us? Thank you for your prayers and consideration. Donate to FGGAM LOVE OFFERING
With Women’s Equality Day around the corner and women losing their jobs at a greater rate than men during the COVID-19 pandemic, the personal-finance website WalletHub today released its report on 2020’s Best & Worst States for Women’s Equality, as well as accompanying videos.
In order to determine where women receive the most equal treatment in American society, WalletHub compared the 50 states across 17 key metrics. The data set ranges from the gap between female and male executives to the disparity in unemployment rates for women and men.
Women’s Equality in New Mexico (1=Best; 25=Avg.):
- 20th – Earnings Gap
- 3rd – Executive Positions Gap
- 9th – Work Hours Gap
- 1st – Educational Attainment Gap (among Advanced Degree Holders)
- 9th – Minimum-Wage Workers Gap
- 1st – Unemployment Rate Gap
- 2nd – Entrepreneurship Rate Gap
- 14th – Political Representation Gap
For the full report, please visit:
More from WalletHub