June is National Safety Month. With the U.S. recently hit hard by tragedies from wildfires to mass shootings, the personal-finance website WalletHub today released its report on 2019’s Safest States in America as well as accompanying videos.
In order to help families find the most secure places to settle down, WalletHub compared the 50 states across 52 key metrics. The data set ranges from assaults per capita to unemployment rate to total loss amounts from climate disasters per capita.
Safety in Connecticut (1=Safest; 25=Avg.)
- 15th – Murders & Non-Negligent Manslaughters per Capita
- 7th – Assaults per Capita
- 12th – Loss Amounts from Climate Disasters per Capita
- 23rd – Job Security
- 4th – Fatal Occupational Injuries per 100,000 Full-Time Workers
- 7th – Fatalities per 100 Million Vehicle Miles of Travel
- 19th – Bullying Incidence Rate
- 5th – Sex Offenders per Capita
- 6th – Share of Uninsured Population
For the full report, please visit:
Please let me know if you have any questions or if you would like to schedule a phone, Skype or in-studio interview with one of our experts. Feel free to embed this YouTube video summarizing the study on your website. You can also use or edit these raw files as you see fit. Full data sets for specific states are also available upon request.
More from WalletHub