For years, I accepted worry, fear, and anxiety as an unwelcome tag-along passenger in the back seat of my life as if I had no say in the matter. Every day, fear and anxiety plagued me as soon as I opened my eyes to face the overwhelm of the day.
Then, I had a revelation: God had not given me a spirit of fear, but of power, love, and sound mind (2 Timothy 1:7).
I began to say “No!” to that spirit of fear.
I began to take back my power and speak out against the influence fear had over my life.
I began to speak back to fear. I had been given the same power that raised Christ from the dead (Romans 8:11).
Our enemy would like to paralyze us with fear and anxiety. Yet, God tells us to be anxious for nothing and instead to pray about everything (Philippians 4:6-7).
5 Scriptures to Stand On When Facing Fear and Anxiety
- “For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power, love, and sound mind” (2 Timothy 1:7).
- “Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus” (Philippians 4:6-7).
- “But when I am afraid, I will put my trust in you” (Psalm 56:3).
- “Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the Lord your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you” (Deuteronomy 31:6).
- “You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you” (Isaiah 26:3).
The next time the spirit of fear or anxiety comes knocking at your door, stand firm and talk back to that spirit. Don’t receive it! It has no place in your life. Tell it to go in Jesus’ name.
Because of Him, #HopePrevails!
Dr. Michelle Bengtson
I’m excited to let you know my new book on overcoming anxiety will be released later this year. Stay tuned!
For a Free eBook on How to Help a Depressed Loved One, click here: How to Help a Depressed Loved One eBook.
For more helpful information about what you need to know when you have a depressed loved one, read here: https://drmichellebengtson.com/10-things-to-know-if-you-have-a-depressed-loved-one/
For more about what not to say to a depressed loved one, read here: https://drmichellebengtson.com/what-not-to-say-when-a-loved-one-is-depressed/ while here are suggestions about supportive things you can say to a depressed loved one: https://drmichellebengtson.com/what-to-say-when-a-loved-one-is-depressed/
To learn more about “Hope Prevails: Insights From a Doctor’s Personal Journey Through Depression,” Dr. Bengtson’s book, see: https://drmichellebengtson.com/hope-prevails-book.
And, for the Bible Study, see: https://drmichellebengtson.com/hope-prevails-bible-study/.