So many have asked for Sharon’s Chicken Pot Pie and Beef Stew recipe. This reminds me of my days in radio when we would do “radio recipe shows” FUN!! FUN!! The good old days of radio! Sharon just made a batch of the beef stew yesterday! WOW! AWESOME! The very best beef stew and chicken pot pie ever!
Sharon’s Slow-Simmered Beef Stew Recipe
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. Bake: 1-3/4 hours YIELD:4 servings
· 1-1/2 pounds beef stew meat (1-1/4-inch pieces)
· 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
· 3/4 teaspoon salt
· 2 to 4 teaspoons canola oil, divided
· 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
· 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
· 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
· 2 cups water
· 1 cup beef stock
· 3 medium potatoes (about 1-1/3 pounds), peeled and quartered
· 1 cup fresh mushrooms, halved
· 1 medium onion, cut into eight wedges
· 2 medium carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
· 2 celery ribs, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
· Additional water, optional
· 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Toss beef with flour and salt to coat lightly; shake off excess. In an ovenproof Dutch oven, heat 2 teaspoons oil over medium heat. Brown beef in batches, adding additional oil as needed. Remove from pan.
· 2. Add bouillon, herbs, 2 cups water and beef broth to same pan; bring to a boil, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Add beef; return to a boil. Transfer to oven; bake, covered, 1 hour.
· 3. Stir in vegetables and, if desired, thin with additional water. Bake, covered, until beef and vegetables are tender, 45-60 minutes. Yield: 4 servings.
Sharon’s Homemade Chicken Potpie Recipe
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:6 servings
· 2 tablespoons canola oil
· 1 medium onion, chopped
· 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
· 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
· 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
· 3/4 cup 2% milk
· 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
· 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables (about 10 ounces), thawed
· 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
· 1. Preheat oven to 450°. In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir until tender. Stir in flour and poultry seasoning until blended; gradually whisk in broth and milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until thickened. Stir in chicken and vegetables.
· 2. Transfer to a greased 9-in. deep-dish pie plate; place pastry sheet over filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in pastry. Bake 15-20 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Yield: 6 servings.