I just got my ABQ Journal off the driveway…love sitting down and reading the paper with my coffee and toast..saw the headline of ‘just 16% of New Mexico business leaders think the state is on the right track.’ I have to say, I am not surprised about another low rating for the state. We are in bad shape. morally and financially…..etc…. ABQ Journal Report
There is no political solution to this, Jesus is the answer. Jesus is the right track to be on! No other track, Amen!
We pray constantly here at FGGAM for the state of New Mexico. The picture I used was from last years National Day of Prayer in Albuquerque, in Old Town. Pastor Bill Ruhl headed up the effort. I pray many come this year and pray for our state.
Please join the efforts of New Mexico prays………
This is from Pastor Richard Mansfield of New Beginnings Church in Albuquerque, I pray your Church will join this effort!
1. PRAY FOR THE LOST TO BE SAVED. Pray that people’s hearts will be opened to repent of their sins and receive the Gospel. (Romans 10:1; 2 Peter 3:9; Matthew 9:37-38; Acts 26:18)
2. PRAY FOR UNITY AMONG PASTORS AND CHURCHES. Pray that denominational, theological, and ethnic walls will come down so that pastors will love each other, pray together, and serve each other. (John 17:20-23; Psalm 133:1; Ephesians 4:3-6)
3. PRAY FOR GOD TO HEAL OUR LAND OF ABORTION. Albuquerque is the late-term abortion capital of America. When innocent blood is shed in a place, it brings a curse on that place. Pray that the state will pass a ban on abortions after 20 weeks and that Albuquerque’s late-term abortion clinic will be closed. (Psalm 139:13-16; Jeremiah 1:5; Proverbs 24:11; Deuteronomy 21:8-9)
4. PRAY FOR DELIVERANCE FROM A SPIRIT OF VIOLENCE. New Mexico is the second most dangerous state in America—in the top three for violent crime, forcible rape, aggravated assault, property crime, and burglary. (Psalm 11:5; Genesis 6:11-13; Ezekiel 7:23; Jeremiah 22:3)
5. PRAY FOR FREEDOM FROM SUBSTANCE ABUSE. New Mexico leads the nation in alcohol-related deaths, is first in illicit drug dependence among persons 12 and older, and is second in drug overdose mortality rate. (Galatians 5:1; John 8:36; 1 Corinthians 6:12; Ephesians 5:18-20)
6. PRAY FOR TRANSFORMATION IN OUR ECONOMY AND EDUCATION. New Mexico has the second highest poverty rate in America and is 49th in education. Pray that God will break the spirit of poverty over our state and release financial blessing. Pray for a transformation in our education system. (3 John 2; John 10:10; Psalm 140:12; Deuteronomy 15:7-11; Psalm 82:3-4)
7. PRAY FOR GOD TO BREAK THE SPIRIT OF WITCHCRAFT. Historically, New Mexico has been a place where witchcraft, idolatry, and Wiccan covens have thrived. Pray for these principalities of darkness to be broken. (Exodus 22:18; Isaiah 8:19; Acts 19:19; 1 Samuel 15:23; 2 Corinthians 10:4; Ephesians 6:12)
8. PRAY FOR RACIAL RECONCILIATION. Pray that God will heal our nation of racism and that God will use the church to stand against racial conflict, violence, and prejudice. The church must lead the way in racial reconciliation by modeling love and respect for every person regardless of the color of their skin or their ethnic background. (Romans 10:12-13, Galatians 3:28, Acts 10:28, Acts 10:34-35, John 7:24, 1 John 2:9, James 2:9, Revelation 7:9)
Please pray about joining this AWESOME prayer group!!! PRAYER and UNITY!!
New Mexico Prays is a cross-denominational, multi-ethnic, Jesus-centered movement of 47 churches in 13 cities covering New Mexico in 24/7 prayer. Join the movement today. www.NewMexicoPrays.org.