WHY DOES NETANYAHU WANT TO ADDRESS CONGRESS AMIDST SUCH A POLITICAL FIRESTORM?
An interview I once did with him may offer some clues.
By Joel C. Rosenberg (@joelcrosenberg on Twitter)
(Washington, D.C., March 3, 2015) — Greetings from the AIPAC Policy Conference. AIPAC stands for the “American Israel Public Affairs Conference.” I have been to many of these over the past 25 years in Washington. But this is one for the ages.
There was a tumultuous reception here on Monday for Israel’s Prime Minister from the 16,000 delegates. I lost track of the number of standing ovations. It was moving to be a part of (Israeli leaders rarely receive standing O’s anywhere else in the world, including in Israel.) The Prime Minister thanked America for our long-standing strategic alliance and called for bipartisanship in preventing Iran from building The Bomb.
Please be praying for the PM, his wife Sara and his team as they prepare for the speech to the Joint Session of Congress on Tuesday at 11am eastern. Thanks. I have been invited to attend the speech, and hope to provide details and analysis via Twitter, and later on this blog and in various media interviews.
For now I can tell you there is so much political tension and spiritual warfare in this city. We really need to be faithfully praying for Israel’s leaders, as well as for America’s leaders — for wisdom and discernment and for healing between our governments.
We are witnessing the most dramatic and unsettling clash in the 66 year history of the U.S.-Israel relationship.
President Obama is setting the stage for an historic and painful showdown — not with our enemy, Iran, but with our best friend and ally in the Middle East, Israel.
The President is signaling he is ready to give Iranian leaders most of what they want in the nuclear negotiations, and that he has no intention of meeting with Israel’s top leaders or listening to their deep concerns.
The big question is: amidst this political and media firestorm, why does Netanyahu want to address Congress?
An interview I did with the Prime Minister several years ago may offer some clues. I’ve posted excerpts from that interview on the blog. I’d encourage you to read it as you continue to pray over this whole situation. Thanks.
COME TOUR ISRAEL & JORDAN WITH US THIS OCTOBER
It is with great excitement about God’s love for the people of Israel and her neighbors that I cordially invite you to join us for The Joshua Fund’s next “Prayer & Vision Tour Of The Holy Land.”
The Israel portion of the tour will be October 14-25, 2015.
And for the first time ever, we will lead an optional additional tour to the Biblical sites of the Kingdom of Jordan for those who want to extend their time and learn more. This will be from October 25-29, 2015.
If you have never been to the Holy Land, it is hard to describe what a profound spiritual effect such a journey can have on you and your family. You may have heard others say God’s Word seemed to “come alive” in a new way when they walked where Jesus walked, from the shores of Galilee to the Mount of Olives and into the streets of Jerusalem. Well, it’s true, and I believe our 2015 Israel trip will allow you to experience this for yourself and intensify your desire to walk more closely with Jesus Christ.
If you have been to Israel before, this trip will be a great opportunity to deepen your understanding of how powerfully the Lord is moving there. And this tour is like no other!
• You will visit The Joshua Fund’s warehouse and participate in a practical ministry project to bless the poor and needy.
• You will have the opportunity to meet with and pray for local pastors and ministry leaders on the frontlines of the faith.
• You will have the opportunity to hear solid Bible teaching, and pray for the peace of Jerusalem and for all the people of the epicenter, and have the joy of worshipping the Lord in the land of Jesus, the prophets and the apostles.
• I will also teach at key locations and answer your questions about the future of the Epicenter.
• And, as I mentioned, for those who want to learn more, we are offering our first-ever extension to visit Biblical and historic sites in Jordan such as Mount Nebo, Petra and the capital of Amman.
Now more than ever, it is vitally important for Christians to “learn, pray, give and go” — to really learn how much God loves the people of Israel, Jordan and the region; to pray with and for Jews and Arabs; to give to ministries that are truly blessing people on both sides in the name of Jesus; and actually go to the Holy Land to stand with these dear people in these challenging times.
To learn more about this Prayer & Vision Tour of the Holy Land — to get your questions answered, and to register — please click here.
Please prayerfully consider coming to visit the Land we love and now call our home to meet the people we love and now call our neighbors. We would love to see you there!
Yours to bless Israel and her neighbors in the name of Jesus,
Joel C. Rosenberg
Founder and Chairman of The Joshua Fund
[To learn more about the trip — and to register — please go to the blog, or to www.joshuafund.com.]
REGISTER NOW FOR OUR SPECIAL SIMULCAST ON “THE THIRD TARGET”
Amidst the horrific attacks by ISIS terrorists in Egypt, Jordan, Iraq, Syria, France, and elsewhere, Christians throughout North America and around the world are asking many questions. Who is ISIS? What do they believe? What do they want? How serious is the threat to us? Is it true that genocidal conditions are emerging for Christians in the Middle East? And is there any good news? How can the Church advance the Gospel amongst Muslims?
I am pleased to announce that Tyndale House Publishers, In:ciite Events and I are partnering to present a special simulcast event on Sunday evening, April 19th, to answer these questions. You, your small group, and/or your church — small, medium, or large — can register now to view the simulcast and to share the message with family, friends and neighbors.
Full details are available at the link at the bottom of this email, and on the blog.
KEY ARTICLES ON THE BLOG RIGHT NOW:
* As Netanyahu prepares to address Congress, top Senate Democrat blasts Obama’s Iran policy. Stage set for painful showdown. Please pray.
* The biggest threat now is not Radical Islam. It is “Apocalyptic Islam.” Let me explain. (Excerpts from my address to the National Religious Broadcasters Convention)
* Elie Wiesel, Joe Lieberman and Alan Dershowitz call on Democrats to attend Israeli Prime Minister’s speech to Congress next week. (Please call your Congressman and urge him/her to attend.)
* BREAKING: President caving to Iranian nuclear demands, despite poll showing 80% of Americans fear “Second Holocaust” if Iran gets The Bomb. What should be our policy towards Iran’s nuclear program?
[To read these and other stories, or to order THE THIRD TARGET — or to find links to the latest news and analysis of events and trends in the U.S., Israel, North Africa, Russia, and the Middle East — please go to: https://flashtrafficblog.wordpress.com/.]
PRAYER NEEDS — please pray for….
* A Third Great Awakening — a sweeping spiritual revival — in the U.S. and Canada.
* The peace of Jerusalem — geopolitical but also spiritual peace through the Prince of Peace
* The Palestinian people in Gaza to be liberated from the reign of terror imposed by Hamas and other terrorist groups
* Israeli, Egyptian and Jordanian leaders to have wisdom to know how best to protect their citizens going forward and live in quiet and calm with their neighbors
* The President of the United States and his top advisors to have a change of heart and to truly stand unequivocally with Israel, America’s best friend and most faithful ally in the Mideast
* The President and other nations to know how best to prevent Iran from building nuclear weapons, defeat ISIS and stop the genocide, and prevent terror attacks on the U.S. and our allies
* Persecuted in Christians throughout the epicenter to be brave and bold for Christ and faithful lights amidst such darkness
* The protection of moderate Arabs and other Muslims in the region from Radical Islam, particularly in Jordan
* The Lord to strengthen His Church and reveal His Word and the transforming power of the Gospel to all the people of the epicenter, and that the Father would draw them to His Son
* The Joshua Fund to have the wisdom to bless Israel and her neighbors in the name of Jesus, as the Lord guides and provides
* TWITTER — Please track the latest developments @joelcrosenberg.
BLESS ISRAEL & HER NEIGHBORS — AND COME ON A TOUR OF ISRAEL & JORDAN: Would you prayerfully consider giving a generous, tax-deductible gift to THE JOSHUA FUND? Come help us educate and mobilize Christians around the world about God’s love and plan Israel and her neighbors; provide food, medical supplies and other humanitarian relief to the poor and needy, to Holocaust survivors, and to widows and orphans; teach the Scriptures throughout Israel and the epicenter; strengthen the Church in the epicenter; and assist ministries helping Syrian & Iraqi refugees. Thanks so much, and may the Lord bless you and your family as you invest in the work of The Joshua Fund at this critical time. (www.joshuafund.com)
To order THE THIRD TARGET in hardcover, e-book, and audio formats, please click here (or visit your favorite bookstore).
To read Joel’s blog, please click here — https://flashtrafficblog.wordpress.com/
To learn more about the SPECIAL SIMULCAST on ISIS & Radical Islam — or to register — please click here.
PRAYER & VISION TRIP TO ISRAEL, AND JORDAN EXTENSION TOUR: To learn more, and to register, please click here
Please click on the headline below and join us in prayer: