ABQ Voters For
Late Term Abortion Ban
PO Box 50351
www.latetermabortionban.com ABQ, NM 87181
• ABQ is the late term abortion capital of the nation, performing abortions through all nine
months of pregnancy.
o According to Southwestern Women’s Options, ABQ’s late term abortion clinic’s informed consent
document “[A] pregnancy termination at 18 weeks and above involves a greater risk than carrying a
pregnancy to term.”
• New Mexico has no protective restrictions regarding abortion including:
o Parental Notification: Minors can obtain abortions without parental knowledge and consent.
o No gestational limit on abortion: Allowed through all nine months.
o Tax funding of abortion through Medicaid.
o Lack of oversight: Abortion clinics are never inspected by the Department of Health.
• Babies in the womb feel pain at 20 weeks of pregnancy.
o Babies have a great chance of living outside the womb at 20 weeks of pregnancy.
• On November 19th the city of Albuquerque will hold a special election to ban late term
abortions beginning at 20 weeks of pregnancy.
o This election to ban abortions at 20 weeks of pregnancy is the first of it’s kind at the
municipal level but has national implications.
• The Pain Capable Unborn Child Protection Ordinance will protect unborn babies beginning at 20
weeks, or more than halfway through pregnancy. Please vote “FOR” the ordinance on November 19th.
o Early Voting is from October 30-‐November 15.
o Absentee Ballot Request forms can be submitted until November 15.
o Election Day is November 19.
o All voting locations are the same as the October 8 polling places.
For more information please contact: Tara Shaver, Chair 505-‐319-‐7825