The bottom line is exactly what you said about same sex marriage. It is also the bottom line for all our behaviors. WHAT DOES GOD SAY? Especially if we claim to be Christians then we have no rights. Corinthians says that our bodies are the temple of the Holy Spirit and we have been bought with a price. So Jesus owns us. We have no rights, privileges or special treatment. Paul says he was a SLAVE! Therefore, no rights, no opinions and no “feelings”. God’s Word is to be our only rule of faith and practice. From Genesis to Revelation the key subject is obedience.
praying for you
2. Godly associates fortified the apostles with one purpose, mind and priority as they waited to be clothed with power from on high. Prayer became their chief vehicle for drawing each other together in worship, confession, thanksgiving and supplication. Ask the Lord to help you commit yourself to praying together with Godly associates for the synergistic benefits of strengthening one another’s purposes, minds and priorities. Remember you do not have to share personal problems while committing yourself and your ministries to the Lord.
3. Godly associates chose to use the networks of family connections in a strategic urban center where their fellowship would have the greater influence. Acts 1:12 says, “They returned to Jerusalem.” It is a characteristic of Godly associates to seek out the places where they can have the greatest potential for qualitative and quantitative growth of the church. Ask the Lord to help you think strategically as to where you will locate your Godly fellowships for greater results.
4. Godly associates all joined together constantly in prayer along with the women and brothers. (Acts 1:14) Godly people make a habit of setting aside a time and a place where they can assemble together for prayer and worship of the Lord. Do not hesitate to bring in Godly men and women who can help you nourish one another spiritually, emotionally and socially. Avoid any hint of prejudice. The initial numbers in your fellowship is not as important as the quality of commitment in the members. Only through regular times of prayer will people be able to maintain the discipline of corporate prayer. Ask the Lord to help you select and welcome committed people who will share in prayer and worship.
5. Godly associates were willing to hold each other in spiritual accountability as a way of helping each other to avoid being sidetracked by the worries, riches, pleasures and troubles of this life. The Godly fellowship of the early Christians were prone to the same kind of temptations as we face today. However, they found amplified power, wisdom and love in their connections with one another and with the Lord. Ask the Lord to help you hold one another in spiritual account with an attitude of love and not proceduralized legalism.
6. Godly associates are able to work through the most natural lines of communication found within each family, tribe and community. The first century believers were enabled by the Spirit to establish many house fellowships around prayer that allowed the church to grow naturally. Ask the Lord to give you the wisdom, connections and love to spawn new prayer fellowships that will help people grow up into all aspects into Christ in their communities, work places and social classes.
8. Godly associates were led to provoke one another to love and good works. It is the duty of every believer not only to comfort the distressed, but to distress the comfortable. Trust the Lord to use your fellowship in a positive way instead of a negative judgmental way to bring out the best in every person. Godly believers are able to encourage, exhort, correct, rebuke and stir one another up for the maximizing of their contributions for Christ. Ask the Lord to allow you to be more open to the spiritual provocations of Godly associates.
9. Godly associates evoked a spiritual fire that ignited the hearts of those around them. When Christians are on fire, fellow believers are warmed and sinners are attracted to the light of Jesus. No doubt, the first century Christians’ love, warmth and excitement generated a lot of interest in what the Lord was doing in their midst. Ask the Lord to use your Godly fellowships of prayer, friendships and worship to attract many needy people to your growing group.
Visit us today!
If you would like to support the much needed work of For God’s Glory Alone Ministries, Dewey Moede, and Dewey’s Daily Cup please consider giving a financial gift. You can securely give by clicking on this link- https://fggam.org/donate.html then scroll down the page to securely give through PayPal. Be assured my friends, your gift will be of the greatest help in furthering the ministry work the Lord has laid upon us to carry out in His Holy Name.
If you have friends or family you think would like to share a daily cup of inspirational coffee with Dewey please forward this email and encourage them to join Dewey’s Daily Cup. All they have to do is send an email saying “Sign me up!” to firstname.lastname@example.org.