I am posting this in case it appeals to pastors, congregations and individuals coming to FGGAM.org There are various ways pastors can assist with the announcement of this virtual conference, including participating as a sponsor or exhibitor.
Get the ACM
What if preaching the Gospel entails defending life?
All full event registrants will receive an ebook edition of Derek Elkins’ book, Life Unworthy of Life!
Athanatos Christian Ministry’s Fourth Annual
Online Apologetics Conference
A Defense of the Faith is a Defense of Life
President of Population Research Institute
Steven W. Mosher is an internationally recognized authority on China and population issues, as well as an acclaimed author, speaker. He has worked tirelessly since 1979 to fight coercive population control programs and has helped hundreds of thousands of women and families worldwide over the years.
In 1979, Steven was the first American social scientist to visit mainland China. He was invited there by the Chinese government, where he had access to government documents and actually witnessed women being forced to have abortions under the new “one-child policy.” Mr. Mosher was a pro-choice atheist at the time, but witnessing these traumatic abortions led him to reconsider his convictions and to eventually become a practicing, pro-life Roman Catholic.
Steven has appeared numerous times before Congress as an expert in world population, China, and human rights abuses. He has also made TV appearances on Good Morning America, 60 Minutes, The Today Show, 20/20, FOX and CNN news, as well as being a regular guest on talk radio shows across the nation.
Gary Habermas | Ryan MacPherson | Angus Menuge | Derek Elkins | Holly Ordway | James Agresti | Greg Koukl | Roy Abraham Varghese | Jason Jones | Anthony Horvath | Jamie Greening | Glenn Jones | Nick Kaminsky | Brian Auten | Greg West | Mark Riser | Dave Sterrett
An apologetics conference held… entirely online! (Click here to see what a session is like)
April 21, April 22–Earth Day, April 23, 2013.
Sign up for our mailing list to receive updates!
ALL SESSIONS RECORDED – Make up sessions you missed at your convenience. All conference registrants receive free access to these archives.
2013 Conference Goals:
- Highlight the historical connection between genuine human rights and liberties and the broad acceptance of the Christian worldview… and the converse.
- Observe that beliefs tend to automatically lead to actions based on those beliefs, and call attention to the importance of having well-reasoned, well-evidenced beliefs.
- Raise awareness of the fact that those with a Christian worldview tend to have ‘pro-life’ attitudes and perspectives and argue that consequently, the defense of that worldview, that is, Christian apologetics, has an important role to play in defending Life.
- Draw a clear connection in the minds of attendees between the Gospel and life issues and take aim at the notion, often held by Christians themselves, that topics such as abortion, euthanasia, embryonic stem cell research, assisted suicide, human cloning, etc, are ‘political’ issues where ‘religion’ has no business involving itself.
- Steven Mosher, President of Population Research Institute and author of Population Control: Real Costs, Illusory Benefits. Tentative topic: “Save the Earth; Get Rid of the People? The Inhumanity of Earth Day”
- Dr. Gary Habermas Historian and Christian apologist. “Dealing with the Worst Suffering You’ll Ever Face: The death and resurrection of Jesus, and human suffering.”
- Dr. Ryan MacPherson President of the Hausvater Project and author of The Culture of Life: Ten Essential Principles for Christian Bioethics. “Rediscovering Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness: Eighteenth-Century Solutions for Twenty-first Century Problems”
- Dr. Angus Menuge Philosopher and Apologist. “Embodied Souls and Human Rights”
- Derek Elkins, author of Life Unworthy of Life. “The Buffet Line of Christianity”
- Dr. Holly Ordway, author of Not God’s Type: A Rational Academic Finds a Radical Faith. “On (Not) Speaking Past One Another: Language, Meaning, and Message in Pro-Life Apologetics”
- James Agresti, author of Abortion Facts and Rational Conclusions. “Science, Abortion, and the Bible”
- Greg Koukl, Stand to Reason. “Monkey Morality: Can Evolution Explain Ethics?”
- Jason Jones, Movie to Movement/Bella Hero Project. “Crescendo: Using short films to change the world”
- Anthony Horvath, Executive Director of Athanatos Christian Ministries and director of the Policy Intersections Research Center. “What does Christianity have to do with Abortion?”
Guest Lectures ( – Free Access)
- [Tentatively] Roy Abraham Varghese, author. “The Existence of God.”
- Jamie Greening, Pastor and author. “Reversing the Burden and Celebrating the Blessing of Children in the Context of a Local Church.”
- Glenn Jones, Christian Apologist. “A Reformed Perspective on Suffering, Evil and God’s Sovereignty”
- Nick Kaminsky. “Church Control or Birth Control’: Margaret Sanger’s Anti-Catholic Propaganda.”
- Brian Auten, Christian Apologist. “Apologetics Training as a Lifestyle.”
- Greg West, Christian Apologist. “Community Apologetics: What it is, why it’s needed, and how you can help.”
- Mark Riser, Christian Apologist. “Behind Marble Walls: A layman looks at the Supreme Court and the story of Roe v. Wade.”
- Dave Sterrett, Christian Apologist. “The Fatal Fallacies: An examination of scholarly pro-abortion arguments and how you can refute them.”
A Defense of the Faith is a Defense of Life
Is there a connection between an orthodox Christian faith and one’s views on life issues such as abortion, euthanasia, and assisted suicide? Clearly, there is. However, many times these issues are treated as separate ‘social’ or ‘political’ issues and handled by Christians, including defenders of the Christian faith, as distinct from the Gospel.
What if the Gospel and the sanctity of Life go hand in hand? What if a defense of the faith is impossible unless one is prepared to defend life? It makes sense: According to the Gospel story, Jesus died for all men, while they were still sinners… even before they were born… even before they were conceived. Humans have intrinsic value by virtue of the fact that God made them in His image, but he doubled-down on this by purchasing us by the blood of His only begotten son. How could anyone treat anyone as disposable or expendable if God Himself has assigned them such a high value, and acted accordingly?
If this conclusion seems natural, surely the other conclusion seems to follow easily as well: if we are mere beasts, and there is no God (and obviously, then, no redemption and resurrection), then humans themselves determine what value humans have. And they act accordingly.
This conference will probe the connections between a pro-life worldview and a Christian worldview and call upon Christian apologists to be ready to defend life with the same level of preparedness that they defend the faith. It will call upon Christians everywhere to see a pro-life worldview as an integral part of their Christian faith and act accordingly. It will examine the history of the 20th century: a time when societies around the globe arrived at the conclusion that man was man-made… and acted accordingly.
To get an idea of what a session is like, please enjoy Pastor Jamie Greening’s presentation from our very first conference. This is a low quality version just to give you a feel. To enjoy a high quality version that allows you to read the text, please view the archived presentations, which were recorded in full, for just $15! Buy access.
Jamie Greening’s 2010 Presentation [Direct Link]